Casablanca Fan Troubleshooting
Casablanca ceiling fan company had been in business since 1974 and grew instantly as a manufacturer during the energy crisis in mid-seventies. The brand provides cross laminated blades along with six layers of wood, finished with furniture grade wood veneer. In addition, it also has motor housings of die cast and steel build-up.
Casablanca Ceiling Fans Problems
- Ceiling Fan is not Working or Start
- Fan is wobbling or shaking excessively
- The fan is making noise while operating
- Ceiling fan is unable to run at slow speed
- Light is too dim
- Remote control is not working correctly
We shall troubleshoot these problems one by one.
First of all, check the tightness of the screws using a screwdriver and tighten them.
1: Ceiling Fan is not working or start
- Firstly, check the main circuit breakers, circuit fuses and wall switch position. Turn off the power to do this inspection and also check the wire connections.
- In addition, check the connection of the pin connectors as they may not making good contact.
- Now, check the fan receiver, it may be possible that it is defective so replace it.
- Check the frequency settings.
- Replace the batteries of remote control if your fan won’t start.
2: Fan is Wobbling or Shaking
- Make sure that the canopy pin is properly set into the slot of the ball.
- Check the balance of the blades, blade holders are not bent while installation.
- Make sure that hanger bracket is tightly affixed with the ceiling outlet box.
- Now, check that downrod is assembled correctly and all the screws are tightened.
- Check the glass shade screws, lighting fixture screws and light bulb and tight them.
- Check all the screws in the motor housing are tight and do not over tight them.
3: Fan is Making Noise While Operating
- Firstly, check the glass shade screws, lighting fixture screws and light bulbs and tight them.
- Tighten canopy screws.
- Ensure that all screws in the motor housing are tightened and tighten them as necessary.
- Tight the blade holders to flywheel and blades to the bladeholder screws.
- Replace the defective bulb.
4: Ceiling Fan is not working at Low Speed
If you are running the fan at a slow speed using a remote and it won’t run at a slow speed allow the fan to break-in.
5: Light Problems
Fan is working fine but no light: It means that either you have a defective receiver or defective motor or broken socket so replace them.
Fan and light on full, unable to control: It happens due to the defective receiver, replace it.
Fan is ok but light is not dim: It happens due to the defective receiver, replace it.
6: Fan Starts working itself
It is happening due to frequency interference; change the frequency.
7: Casablanca Remote Control Troubleshooting
- Check the batteries and replace them.
- Check the light of remote control whether it is turning on or not.
- Use alkaline batteries for ideal battery life. Replace the current batteries with alkaline batteries.